It is now possible to start your own virtual business allowing you to work from the comfort of your home or from anywhere in the world. The internet cloud computing providing so many free resources and tools, the possibilities are endless. The key to your success is in finding what approach works for you and then learning how to achieve that goal.
The first thing you need to understand before you get further is how this information is structured. The topics we will cover in the next chapters are really about new information and new techniques that have really just been discovered by me and other internet business people. The internet is still evolving, so there will be new information coming out as I write this book. I have built this website to facilitate the sharing of information about new techniques and also to include actual feedback from people using these techniques. This will allow you to learn the material, put it in practice and then exchange feedback with me and other users. The expectation is that this will speed-up the spreading of information about good practices so that more people work on what can produce results.
Let's break one of the biggest secret about making money with the internet - It's easy and anyone can do it.... but you need a plan and advice from experienced people.
Of course you need to be willing to try new things:
- Learn how work gets done on the web,
- Learn about what type of work you like to do,
- Become smarter about how your future customers shop online,
- How you can help people get solve their problems or get what they are looking for,
- Learn from others experience in the same field.
What and how to do it?
The truth it, the web is so flexible, there is a Business Model for everybody:
- Current brick and mortar store owner with products to sell can expand their store online and reach Global Markets
- Individual with special expertise can write their material and sell it on the web
- Author can sell Books, E-Book, reports online
- Anybody with a special interest and a passion to research it
There is a Business model that works for each of these cases, and it's not complicated once you know where to start - and this is where this small E-Book will come handy: I will provide you with some background on E-Commerce and then point you to the best solution for individual cases.
Small businesses are expanding on the Internet at an increasing rate and for very good reasons. Opening a web presence can be done inexpensively compared to the opening of a new store outlet, because you already have the knowledge, products and information you need. You will see that the return on your investment ($ and time) can be huge compared to any other expansion effort you can try in your regular store.
Consider these results from an IPSOS Survey on E-Commerce for small businesses just out recently:
- 77% of small businesses surveyed said an online presence had a positive impact on their businesses – More businesses expanded on the Internet, and most of these same businesses reported benefits from their online presence. What benefits you ask? Read on….
- 64 % reported increased revenues and sales – That is really the bottom line to small business owners: Expanding to an E-Store brings in more customers that actually buy your products and services online. And the best thing is that by keeping in-touch with new and existing customers, you can make follow-up sales targeted to their specific interests.
This website pages will cover what you need to know to start your own E-Store inexpensively, and get great results. I have simplified the process to four simple steps. Each chapter will cover one of those steps in simple and clear terms, and I will provide you with links to resources and actual examples of these steps.
The key to being able to profit on the internet is to work online with what you already have:
- knowledge about a hobby, industry, etc
- special skills about an art, publication, a book you wrote
- your brisk and mortar business
- A passion about a hot topic which you want to write about
The topic and the goal of your web site has to be clear from the start. As you get started, it is very important to focus on one aspect at a time that you want to develop. You will see that this is key to framing your market - who it is that you are trying to be of assistance, to provide a product, etc. This is a key that a lot of people overlook.
So... think about what makes you passionate and interested and that is most likely your best type of product or market.
Register to the Vwork community and you'll hear about the upcoming Virtual Work Boot Camp and more advanced Courses I offer to explain the opportunities available for working from home.